The Oakland International Airport, a division of the Port of Oakland, is recruiting volunteers for the Visitor Information Program.
Join Our Volunteer Team
If you enjoy meeting and helping others and enjoy the hustle and bustle of an airport, consider becoming a member of the volunteer team.
- As a Visitor Information Program volunteer you will be a goodwill ambassador for OAK assisting over 150,000 passengers each year.
- You will be part of an exciting program and a dynamic volunteer team that has been in existence for over 20 years.
- You will have numerous opportunities to acquire and utilize your skills.
- You will receive many perks including VIP Airport parking, a yearly appreciation luncheon, opportunities for training, reimbursement for mileage to and from the Oakland International Airport, an allowance for every four hour shift worked, a stipend for volunteering on 8-Midnight shift and much more.
Volunteer Selection Process
To qualify for the volunteer program, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to commit to 1 year of volunteer service
- Be able volunteer a minimum of two 4 hour shifts a month
- Have a genuine interest in working with and helping customers
- Be knowledgeable of the of Bay Area & Public Transportation
- Be able to effectively handle complaints and difficult situations
- Be motivated and willing to learn about all aspects of Oakland International Airport
Volunteers who are Bilingual and are interpreters of American Sign Language are strongly encouraged to apply. Your service will support the Oakland International Airport goal to become the Bay Area’s most reliable, accessible and customer focused airport.
Once you apply to our program, your application will be reviewed and you will be scheduled for an interview. After the interview you will receive information about when the next orientation will be provided. After completing the orientation you must be fingerprinted and complete a background check. This process generally takes 7-14 days. After you receive your airport identification badge you will train with team of experienced volunteers until you are comfortable and able to perform the duties required for the volunteer position.
If you have additional questions or need a volunteer application mailed to you please contact Lakita Spencer at (510) 563-2846 OR write to Lakita at: email@example.com