Lost & Found
Beginning Friday, November 1, 2013 OAK International Airport will offer two locations for persons to receive or inquire about items they may have left at the Airport.
The two locations are as follows:
Airport Lost & Found - (510) 563-3982
Airport Lost & Found is located in Terminal 1, (mezzanine level) is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 pm. Effective, Friday, November 1, 2013, the Airport Lost and Found will only receive, maintain and secure personal items that are left at the Terminals, curbside and parking lots. Items received are kept in a secured location for ninety (90) days. Items not claimed after ninety (90) days are turned over to the Alameda County Sheriff's Department for disposal or to be auctioned off.
TSA Lost and Found Oakland International Airport
TSA Oakland Lost and Found only receives items lost or left behind at Security Check Point.TSA Lost and Found is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am until 3:30 pm and is closed holidays.TSA can only hold items for 30 days from the date lost at Checkpoint.
- Put your full name in the Subject line.
- In the body of the email list the following: Full Name, Full Address, Contact Phone Number, Date of travel (example: Monday Jan 1 2015), Airline Name only, your Email address and Detailed Description of your lost item only.
- Please send only one (1) Email, as more than one, will not speed up the return of your item, should it had been turned in.
- TSA Lost and Found phone number is 510-563-3629. Phone messages will take longer.
- As stated above, an Email is the best way to find out if your item was turned in.
- TSA can only hold items for 30 days from the date lost at Checkpoint.
- Please send only one Email or leave one phone message, please do not do both and please always use the same Email address when corresponding with TSA Lost and Found.
Items left on an Aircraft
Personal items that are left on an aircraft are stored and maintained by the specific air carrier. These items are not submitted to the TSA or the Airport Lost and Found. Customers must contact their airline to determine if their item is in their possession.