Computer Training Information (Security and AOA Driving)
|Required Training Course||Badge Type||Training Frequency|
|Security Awareness Training||Sterile Area Only||Every 2 years|
|Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Training||SIDA Badge||Every 2 years|
|Non-Movement Area Driver Training1||SIDA Badge||Every 2 years|
|Movement Area Driver Training1||SIDA Badge||Every year|
|Authorized Signer Training||SIDA Badge||Every year|
1 For Driver Training information, click here.
- Your Authorized Signer determines which training courses you must take.
- Each course takes approximately 1 hour to complete.
- At the end of each course, you must pass a test to demonstrate your knowledge of the course material; if you fail the test, you may be requested to retake the course on a different day and/or time.
- Applicants are not permitted to collaborate or otherwise cheat on tests, and outside assistance is not permitted except as described below in Request for Accommodation. The training room is monitored by CCTV. Anyone caught cheating will be removed from the room and not allowed to proceed with training until approved by the Airport Security Coordinator. Badged persons providing unauthorized assistance will be subject to citations and/or revocation of his/her badge under the Security Enforcement Program.
- Badges typically expire on your birthday and may be renewed up to 30 days prior to the displayed expiration date (usually your birthday).
- Your badge expiration date will reflect the most restrictive training frequency above, although applicants will only be required to take each course no more frequently than listed above.
Appointments are required for taking the courses listed above and for fingerprinting. Walk-ins are not allowed. Appointments for training courses are available starting at the following times:
- 9:00 AM
- 9:30 AM
- 10:30 AM
- 11:00 AM
- 11:30 AM
- 2:00 PM
- 2:30 PM
Please arrive on-time. Your appointment will be canceled if you are more than 15 minutes late.
To schedule an appointment, contact your Authorized Signer. If you need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request for Accommodation:
All training is offered in English only (spoken words through a headset and closed captions displayed on a computer screen). Testing is also in English only (words displayed on a computer screen). Persons requiring assistance / accommodation with training / testing (e.g., use of a translator) must have an Authorized Signer complete the Request for Accommodation Form to identify the person providing assistance. Persons providing assistance are expected to only help provide assistance in relaying information provided in the training modules and/or translating / reading test questions, and may not provide answers to test questions.